Jobs & work-based training
Graduate Software Engineer
- Role: Graduate Software Engineer
- Type: Internship - 2 months, negotiable
- Location: London
Dtex Systems (EMEA) is a forward-thinking, high-growth information security company focussing on Enterprise User Monitoring and User Intelligence worldwide. Dtex Systems provide security and auditing related projects for leading global organisations who want to prevent internal threats and maximise efficiency. for leading global organisations who want to prevent internal threats and maximise efficiency.
Find out more about the company's activities - view the following videos:
- Dtex Systems gives Security Industry view of Sony Hacks on BBC
- Mohan Koo interviewed by CNN regarding the Sega hacking breach
- Mohan Koo gets interviewed by CNN on the IMF cyber attack
Dtex Systems is looking for a graduate student in IT/Computer Science, or a related degree. The successful candidate will be interested in pursuing a career in IT/Cyber security with basic skills in Microsoft SQL, .Net technology, Information Security/Forensics and Networking. The role will involve working with Security Software Engineers on supporting customers with first and second line requests.
The candidate would be expected to become self-sufficient in installing the solution on customer sites. Candidates must be able to conduct client facing work and be eager to develop new skills. Other tasks will involve working alongside security analysts to support investigations, including evidence gathering and IT forensics analysis.
DESIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- ASP .NET/C#, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Microsoft SQL SERVER 2008 R2 and 2012
- Understanding of best practice security controls for standard desktop technologies (MS Windows, Anti-x and Firewalls etc).
- Basic knowledge of information security principles and encryption technologies• Basic knowledge of Networking, Active Directory, Group Policy Object(GPO)
- Interest in forensic analysis of large volumes of data• Solid understand of data analysis techniques and ability to report on the findings
- Preferably a degree course in IT/Computer Science, or Security related
- Must be eligible to work in the UK without any restrictions
Intern - Security Engineer
- Role: Security Engineer (Junior Programmer):
- Type: Permanent
- Location: UK
The Security Engineer will be joining the Elsevier Information Security and Data Protection Office (ISDP) that is responsible for day-to-day oversight, leadership and management of information security and data protection activities across the business. The ISDP provides deep subject matter expertise combined with executive level management experience to direct and facilitate the delivery of Elsevier’s information security and data protection objectives.
For more information and to apply: Visit Reed Elsevier website