Inspired Careers lets you explore all the job roles available to you within an industry to help you make the right choice.
If you are still at school and thinking about a career in cyber security, you may also be interested in this guide that shows you how you can become a Digital Defender. Please download and view in Acrobat for the best experience.
If you prefer not to take the Inspired Career's interactive journey, all of the content is also available to browse through the main menu.
Just click on the careers link at the top of the page.
The Cyber Security industry is now live, with other industries planned to launch shortly.
Video of the week
- Name: James Nock
- Company: Cyber Security Challenge
Cyber Security Challenge finalist James Nock on how he got into cyber security and the need for teenage hackers to consider the damage they're causing when conducting online attacks. Part of the NCA's #Cyberchoices campaign: For more information on Cyber Choices
Job of the week
- Role: IT Security Officer
- Type: Permanent
- Location: Sheffield
The IT Security Officer role is based within the UK IT Security / Application Security Risk Assessment and Consultancy team based in Sheffield.
The IT Security Officer is charged with protecting the HSBC brand, shareholder value, information assets and financial assets in the following ways:
- Engaging all relevant stakeholders (Chief Executive Officers (CEOs), Chief Operating Officers (COOs), Chief Risk Officers (CROs), HSBC Operating Services and Technologies (HOST) Technology Security etc.) to maintain visibility on their risk profile, appetite, incidents and control effectiveness and to provide robust risk challenge to the same audience when information security risk appetites are breached.
- Overseeing effectiveness of controls to ensure compliance with HSBC Information Security policies and standards.
- Ensuring an effective engagement process is in place that is demonstrably adding value to all target stakeholders
- Ensuring close coordination with the Information Security Risk Second Line of Defence Functions so that their risk management processes remain fully aligned to the rest of the organisation
- Collaborating with IT development teams and other HSBC teams across the Global Functions and Global Businesses.
For more information and to apply: https://hsbc.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en_GB&job=00006V62&src=JB-124881
7Safe, CMST Mobile Application Hacking: Hands-On
7Safe's 3-day mobile application hacking training course is designed to provide developers and ethical hackers with the fundamentals of mobile application security, detailing the most common vulnerabilities and how to identify them.